Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Monday, September 11, 2006

4 month check-up

Well, we've made it to the 4 month mark and so far so good! Every time we have an appointment I can't help but be SO relieved to hear that little monitor making the weird swishing noises that's the baby's heartbeat. I told my doctor that since I'm over the morning sickness (Hallelujah) and am not yet feeling any movement, that these visits to tell me that things are still going okay are a big encouragement. (check out the website linked to the title for more info on what the baby is doing - neat stuff!)
The neat thing is, the next time we go back, we get to have the ultrasound to tell us what the baby is (assuming it's not shy or uncooperative), and we also get to check out how it's growing internally. I had no idea that they were going to check out the heart, lungs, kidneys, spine, and brain. How neat! I figured an appointment with that detailed of a sonogram would take forever, so I asked how long it would take. The doctor said, "yeah, it will be a little longer visit. It will probably take about 20 to 30 minutes." I was expecting over an hour! (The longest part of the visits always seem to be the waiting!)
So far, all my visits - except the first one - have been something along these lines:
go in, sit in a waiting room, get called back, pee in a cup, take blood pressure, weigh in, sit in a room and wait, the doctor comes in, checks my ankles for swelling, asks how I'm feeling and if I'm still taking my vitamins, if I have any questions, then he checks for the baby's heartbeat, we listen to it for a minute or two while he sees what the rate is, then we schedule our next appointment and leave. Not much for usually about an hour and a half of your work day! :)
Not that I'm complaining... like I said, I'm just glad to have a doctor reassure me that everything is going the way it should!
Anyway, just wanted to give an update on what our "report" was from the doctor. (But don't ask me about my weight - the nurse said I had nothing to worry about - yet - so I won't!) But just to give you an idea since I don't have any pictures to post yet, the doctor did comment that all the muscle aches I'm feeling is because I'm "all up front!" (I hope that means my butt won't get any bigger...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home