Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Family weekend

Just got back from a weekend in NC with relatives and boy am I exhausted! It's always fun to go see family, to have a weekend away, and to go out to eat and shopping, but I didn't realize how tiring it was. I guess the fact that I'm carrying around a little more weight than usual and that fatigue comes with pregnancy anyway doesn't help!

Brian and I left Friday around 4 PM to drive about 3.5 hours down to NC to stay the weekend with his dad and to visit with his family but hit bad traffic just outside of Charlotte, so we were delayed in getting there. It turned out okay since we were able just to meet them at the restaurant, On the Border - yum! - and we were able to eat pretty quickly. (Sure wish we had one of those restaurants here!)

Saturday AM I got up and went shopping - I had no idea that walking the stores would tire me out so easily. I'm usually the girl that puts the meaning in "shop till you drop" but on Saturday I was ready to call it quits after only 9 stores. Still, we managed to be out almost all day, and I am really grateful for the generosity of my inlaws for the maternity clothes we picked up. Although once again I am reminded that they don't make maternity clothes for short people - what is wrong with these designers? - and I have to have all but a few pairs of pants hemmed. (It's not like I'm that short - I'm average at 5'4" - what is so hard about providing "short" length in pants?) *sorry for the venting*

We also had the chance to have lunch with the whole family, which was nice. It's hard having family spread out all over the place, but we did a really good job of getting everyone together - we had family from NC, VA, and GA all together. I don't think I've seen everyone that was there that Saturday together since, well, I don't remember when. Maybe it was our wedding over 7 years ago?

On Sunday, before we got on the road to go home, we stopped by the home of some old friends that Brian used to play in a band with. It was really neat to see them all again - they were all gathered for family lunch after church. I know 3 years is a long time, but it didn't really hit me how long it really was until we met one of the girl's husbands and their 2-year-old son and we didn't even know she was married! I had met the daughter of one of the other family members, but she was a little bitty thing and now she's 3 1/2. It's amazing how much can happen and change in 3 years!

Fortunately our drive home was uneventful and we got home early, but heaven knows that didn't mean we got in bed at a decent hour! Now I need a weekend to recuperate from my weekend! Calling in sick to work this morning sounded mighty tempting....

2 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger PuffaStogie said…

    Kathy can't stand shopping for pants. the only choice is those 'capri' i think they're called? It was great getting everybody together. Can't wait to see the group photo!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger PuffaStogie said…

    OH! Bri, your blog is still 'pink', but i bet you know already, hahaha. Hey wanna see the clemmer leanage in photos? go to photobucket and do a search for puffastogie or maybe the link is this.. http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/puffastogie/
    yea, thats it. there is photos of Brians great, great, great {i think} grandpa..Pops daddys, daddy daddy or something like that. There are photos of grandma Bettys family too..as well as Pops. Hey did ya get the video link i emailed ya? its a gas!! chat again...Ray

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home