Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nursery themes

I've had several people ask what theme we're planning for the nursery. I used to think that having a theme was overrated, but I've since decided that maybe it's not so much... Before we knew what we were expecting, I knew I wanted to do butterflies for a little girl or puppies for a little boy, so now we have a good idea of where to start with our puppy dog theme.

However, the thing I keep coming back to is my old childhood favorite, and one my mother-in-law expressed surprise that I hadn't chosen: Winnie-the-Pooh. Growing up, and even now, he was one of my favorites. When I discovered Classic Pooh, that made it all the worse. As much as I enjoy the new "Disney-fied" Pooh, there's just something about the older version that tugs at my heart.

I still want to stick to puppies for the overall theme of the baby's room, but I can't help but sneak a little bit of Winnie-the-Pooh and friends in here and there. So, I guess maybe we'll end up with an hodge-podge baby room after all. Oh well, the rest of our house doesn't really "match," so why start with the baby's room?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous aunt jan said…

    Seth's cousin, Elijah, will be very happy about the puppy theme. He is all about dogs and even has a pretend on that he makes behave very well.
    Can't wait to see all of you.
    love, aunt jan

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home