Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Sick while pregnant!

All I can say about this is YUCK! Even though my doctor has provided a list of medicines that are approved to take while pregnant, I can't help but be a little hesitating to take any of them. And being the worry-wart that I am, I did go without for two days, suffering from just a sore throat. However, when it finally hit me full force on the third day, I was ready to throw in the towel! But, just to be on the safe side, I went to the doctor first.

The reaction I got was a little humorous, although I can understand their position. I felt like they might as well have told me, "we don't want to deal with a pregnant woman! Come back only if you absolutely have to!" Basically, it was probably a viral sinus thing and would run it's course in about a week. In the meantime, they said, my OB-GYN should have given me a list of approved medicine to take for the symptoms.

Ah, I feel so much better having spent $60-$70 for someone to tell me to go by the list I already had! (Although I did get the reassurance that I did not have strep throat. But wait, that's another at least $50...) *Sigh*

So what's my next step? Off to Walgreens! Did you know that they have every possible combination of drugs under the sun except for what's listed on that sheet from the OB-GYN? I can take Tylenol Sinus, but they have Tylenol Cold & Flu, or Sinus Severe Pressure, or Cold & Sinus... It took me forever to pick something - and even then I had to get the pharmacist to tell me if it was the same as what was on my list! I ended up with a Tylenol Sinus Day & Night combo pack and a Sudafed. I figured this way I was covered; if one didn't work, I'd give the other a try.

So, now I'm about 6 days into this cold/sinus/head yuck stuff, and I'm praying that it's over SOON! I'm still trying to get by with taking as little medicine as I can - and I actually slept last night without any. (Yay!) Now if I could just stop grossing everyone at work out with my hacking and coughing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home