Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Meet the prude

Well, it's official. I have been dubbed a prude. I never thought this was something someone would say to my face, and I never really thought of myself as one. However, today I was informed that I was, in fact, a prude.

Don't get me wrong, thankfully it was done in such a way that it was humorous. Sure, I admit, my feelings were still hurt, but at least it wasn't a public humiliation. And after the incident of name-calling, I had to tell myself that in this case, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all.

I'll never forget a friend of mine making a statement that really cut me deeply. They never knew that what they said had such an impact on me and probably never will. The gist of it was that while we were talking about people of faith in our area, they told me that I was not much different than anyone else. Ouch. That was a better sermon in just a few words than many hour-long Sundays. What they were saying in a sense was that my life did not reflect any difference than those around me. What a poor testimony I was living for others to see!

Yet now, here I am being called a prude. Okay, still not what I'd like to be seen as, but still, it means that my life isn't just a reflection of society around me. Maybe that's a step in the right direction. If my life and my actions set me apart from the worldly ideas that surround us, maybe someone will see that difference and wonder why I am different. I just hope that I'm not reflecting a difference in such a way that will turn them away from an opportunity to pursue the truth. If my being a "prude" could possibly cause someone to stop and ask why, giving me an opportunity to show them a little bit of what God has done and is doing for me and in my life, then bring on the name-calling baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home