Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Rodney Atkins song

I'm a sucker for music - I love just about all kinds and wish I had some musical talent so I could enjoy it more than just by listening to it. I'm especially influenced by music that really touches me in some way or another. The other day when I got in my car, I happened to hear a song
that's new to me. The lyrics really got to me, probably because we're about 3 months away from having a little boy of our own.

It was a song by Rodney Atkins called Watching You, and although Brian does not listen to country, I really wish he would give it a chance specifically due to songs like this. The lyrics really pointed out how important being a parent is, how your kids really pay attention to you and what you do. It reminds me that everything we do is teaching our kids how to be the people they're going to be one day.

A snippet of the song goes:


He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watching you

How awesome to be such a part of someone's life! God help me to remember when the parenting begins that someone looks to me for guidance - what a responsibility and a privilege!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home