Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Monday, December 04, 2006

My nephew's baby dedication


My sister and her husband just recently had their two boys dedicated to the church. It was a very special occasion and it made me look forward to the day when Brian and I can do the same for Seth. Our own church has a baby dedication service, but it's more of a group thing, where new parents come and bring their children to the front for a brief part of the service one Sunday morning. This is nice, and it's great to see the people willing to do this in front of the church body, but I really appreciated the specialness (is that a word?) of the service my parent's church had to it.

Not only was the service a separate service from the main Sunday worship service, but it was a service specifically focused on my two nephews. This personal touch really made a difference. It was nice to see the family and friends that turned out for the occasion to support my sister and her husband and their two boys - to really show their love and support for their family.

The service was relatively short, and afterwards we had a small reception for people to visit. I wish I could say that we did better at mingling the two families, but that wouldn't be true. Even still it was a nice evening and I can't wait for our turn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home