Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Office Christmas Parties

Gearing up for the holiday season means... yep, office Christmas parties. This year, that meant two dinners at a local ritzy hotel and a chance to get all dressed up! Okay, for Brian this isn’t a big deal since he has to dress for work every day, but it was fun for me. Okay, so this year it was a little harder than it usually is, but hey, at 7 months pregnant, I don’t think it was too bad.

I found this teal dress on sale at a local consignment shop when I had just found out I was expecting. It was beautiful, and the tags were still on it – it had never been worn! I knew I had the Christmas events coming up, and I took the chance that it would fit. Fortunately it did, and I decided to wear it to Brian’s office Christmas party. It was a really cute dress, and I finally found some shoes that worked with the dress as well as my feet! Although I have to say that it took a little bit to get used to flats…

Brian’s office party was fun, even though I didn’t know a lot of people to talk to. They had karaoke and dancing, and the food was pretty good – different, but good. I was surprised that we actually stayed the whole time.

My office party was nice, I enjoyed it because I got to see all my co-workers all dressed up and in a non-work setting. Dinner was nice, and they had a live band that was pretty good. The only problem was that the music was so loud you couldn’t visit. For my party the invitation said “business casual,” so I decided against the dressy dress and went with a pants and sweater combo, but wore the same cute pixy-like shoes. I’ve decided I really like those shoes! I got so many compliments on my hair, and that’s always great, and it was so nice to get dressed up. My co-workers don’t get to see me done up much! I hate that we didn’t stay late, but Brian was working on the start of a cold, so we left around 9:30 or so, but we had been there for about 3 hours.

Now we just have one more dinner to go to, this Thursday, for his Board of Director’s meeting, so we’ll get to enjoy one more fancy – and free – meal. I love the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home