Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Monday, April 02, 2007

2 month checkup

Well, we went in today for Seth's 2-month checkup. He got 4 shots and one oral vaccine. Poor baby! (Although his mommy cried too....) He did awesome though, I was so proud! We got there and it was like he knew what was coming - he started crying in the waiting room! I felt like a heel, knowing what was to come. Luckily, I had remembered to give him his dose of Tylenol beforehand, so I guess it helped.

They weighed and measured him - he's now 12 pounds 15 ounces and is 23 inches long. He's such a big boy! The doctor said he's in the 50-75th percentile and is the picture of good health. Just what I wanted to hear! He's holding his head up pretty well, and smiled really pretty for the doctor.

The nurse was really good and really quick with the shots, but it still made me feel awful. I'm sure Seth didn't enjoy them much either... I guess I need to work on keeping myself together though - I can't cry every time he gets hurt! That won't help anyone!

We don't go back again until his 4 month checkup in June, and then he'll have to get his booster shots, so we'll do the fun stuff all over again. *sigh*

Anyway, when we got home, he slept for about an hour in his carseat - which is usually unheard of. When he woke up, he took a little bit of a bottle and then went back to sleep for about another hour to hour and a half. I guess that doctor's visit just took it out of him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home