Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Make way for pink!

So far, the only negative I can think of about having a girl this time around is that I only have little boy stuff at the house. Some of it will be okay to do double-duty - things like blankets and crib sheets don't matter if they look boy-ish for a little girl, and I don't mind using some of Seth's more generic clothes, but I have to draw the line at some of them. Such as the shirt he has that says "Ladies Man" - no way is that going on my little girl! :)

So, I'm grateful to have a girlfriend with a little girl who is willing to share some of her older clothes - although the tricky part will be seeing if the sizes and seasons match up. There are nothing but little boys in our family, so I unfortunately won't be getting hand-me-downs from my sister's kids!

It's also funny to see things differently now that I know it's going to be a girl. I was out the other day and saw a couple with a little girl - they had one of those elastic headbands with a bow on it in her hair. Considering how many people have to ask "is it a boy or a girl?" I got to thinking "is that something I want her to wear?"

Also, it was nice that Seth turned out to be a boy, since Brian and I could NOT agree on a little girls name. Sooo, we've got at least a 4 month head's up to work on it, so hopefully by the time the baby actually gets here we'll have a name picked out! (Our running joke is that when we DO pick out a name, we have to make sure it's easy to pronounce since we have a few family members that for some reason put an extra "T" sound in Seth's name, so it comes out "Steth." Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home