Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Friday, August 22, 2008

We finally know!

You know, I've been amazed at how many people seem to think that two kids are enough. As in, after two, you should be done. I can't honestly say how many we'll end up with, but two is not our cut-off point. Anyway, I've had several people lately tell me that "if it's a girl, you'll have one of each and can be done!" As if one boy and one girl make the perfect family, or as if it were to happen that we'd end up with two boys, we would need to try again until we got a girl. Oh well...

Anyway, we finally had our 20-week appointment, and our ultrasound shows that everything seems to be okay. That was the best part of the visit - to know that the baby is healthy. However, we did also find out what we're having, and many, many people will be thrilled to know that it's a girl!



It's funny, when we first found out we were pregnant the first time, I was hoping for a girl - if for no other reason than because I thought that since I am a girl, I'd know how to raise a girl better. But now that I have Seth and he is such an awesome little boy, I really had no reservations about what sex the baby was - as long as it was healthy. But now that we are having a little girl, I am excited. A little nervous considering all the emotions and drama and stuff that inevitably come with girls... :)

So, we've hit the half-way point, and there's only a few months left to go. I'm so excited!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Butterfly Mama said…

    Congratulations!!!
    Oh, I can't tell you how many people have said that to us once we found out we were having a girl. I always reply with, but it would be nice for her to have a sister or him to have a brother too. Not that I know how many (if any) more we will have but still what is so perfect about one boy and one girl anyway!?!?!?

    Hugs and congrats,
    Heidi

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home