Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Loving this fall weather

I took the kids outside to play a little today and immediately felt guilty that we hadn't been outside more this year. But somehow, being outside with an infant just doesn't seem like a lot of fun to me. Pair that with Seth wanting and sometimes needing me to be with him while he plays makes it hard. But today, I put some shoes on Kara, grabbed our walking-toy and headed for the yard. Okay, more like the driveway, but it was beside the yard!

It was the perfect weather - we all had on long sleeve shirts and pants, but the sun was out, the breeze was just right, and the temperature was perfect. Kara enjoyed "standing" up in the walker, and Seth (once he got over his disappointment that I wouldn't let HIM in the walker) played on his tricycle and little play 4-wheeler. He especially liked riding them off the edge of the driveway into the leaves that have accumulated beside the house.

As I watched him play, it made me miss being little. He played in those leaves and had a blast - not even thinking about what bugs might be lurking underneath. When he sat down in them, he was interested in the leaves for the sounds they made and how they looked, not caring about dirt. He wasn't too keen on the bugs that buzzed by occasionally, but I have to say I agree - more because they were mostly all stinkbugs, and I've had more than my fill of those little nuisances this year!

I do hope we have more days like today that we can enjoy before winter really sets in. It sometimes seemed like we spent the summer in a damp kind of haze. (I'm sure it didn't help matters that Seth spent a little over a month of summer in a cast - which obviously limited our outdoor recreation!) So bring on the fall! Leaves, pumpkins, apple cider - here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home