Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

THIS is why I don't play "Super-mom"

Today I was trying to get a head start on dinner, trying to be a good wife and mommy, when I was suddenly reminded why I don't normally do this... I had sent Seth to the bathroom because I had previously gotten the (stinking) impression that he needed to poop. Although he's still resistant to going poop ON the potty, I try to at least have him in the correct room!

Anyway, I was working in the kitchen when I realized more time had passed than I had meant for it to, so I went to check on him. Obviously I went first to the bathroom, which turned out to be empty. BUT, there were Seth's shorts on the floor and the toilet lit was up (we always leave it down). When I checked across the hall in Seth's room, there he was, climbing into his crib by way of his rocking chair, which was already occupied by Kara. How did SHE get in the crib???

It was only after Seth climbed into the crib and started gleefully bouncing that I realized that he only had his t-shirt on. He was completely naked from the waist down. Now at this point all I could think of was "where's the poop!?!" since I knew I had smelled something earlier. (That and "HOW did Kara get IN there?!?")

I quickly grabbed Seth and got him out of the crib, turning him around to check his butt for smears and glancing around the crib and surrounding area for traces of needed cleanup. Nothing. What is going on here???

I asked Seth where his pull-up was. "In the trashcan!" We went into the bathroom and sure enough, there it was, with tell-tale streaks in it to prove I wasn't crazy, there had been poop present. But still, no poop. So I asked the next logical question. "Seth, where's the poop?" "I flushed it in the toilet!" he said proudly. That would explain the raised toilet lid...

So apparently, my 3-year-old who refuses to actually USE the potty, knows exactly what it's for and how to use it. This is extremely frustrating. Forget the part that he finished, didn't let me know, and didn't actually wipe himself. He pooped in his pull-up, took it off, dumped it in the toilet and flushed it away, remembering to put the dirty pull-up in the trash before he went back to play. Naked.

Luckily, it wasn't a bad poop - there was barely any traces on his butt or pull-up, so I think I'm off the hook as far as cleaning up the rooms go... but still! Good grief!

And I still can't figure out how Kara got in the crib! Yes, I know Seth can climb in via the rocking chair, but it's a stretch for him, so there's no way she could have made it on her own. And even with Seth's help, I can't imagine she made it in without face-planting, which I would have heard either as it happened or after she cried about it. Oh well - that's a mystery for another day I guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home