Taylor-madebaby

Welcome to our blog for keeping family and friends up to date on the latest Clemmer-family news, and all the ramblings of a stay-at-home mom trying to stay sane among all the craziness!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Adventure in the Outdoors

We went outside again today. I swear, I need a fence around the perimeter of our yard desperately!!! It's all I can do to keep Kara from running down our driveway and into the main drive! I don't know where she thinks she's going, it's not like there's anything interesting in that direction to draw her attention except for more woods... Maybe she just remembers the few times we walked up the hill in the snow to Nana's house? And considering there's a trampoline, Nana's house (which has cable and a slew of new and interesting toys) and of course Nana and Pawpaw, why wouldn't she want to go up the hill? Besides the fact that she doesn't quite get the fact that Nana and Pawpaw have to work and aren't actually there!

But still, we had fun. I'm so glad we got out today before the rain started. It was so funny - the clouds rolled on by and for a bit it looked like we were going to miss the rain. We played out front for a bit, the kids all over the place while I tried to get the leaves out from under the front steps (fighting a losing battle I'm afraid), then when we'd had enough of that, we went in for a juice pouch and then we moved to the back.

Once out back, the kids (read: Seth) found the water guns I'd bought at a yard sale at the end of last summer. I filled them for the kids and let them have at it! Luckily for me, they weren't all about shooting ME with them, but instead worked on spraying the rocks and sand and other things that they could actually SEE the results of their shots. Except for that one moment when I realized Seth was walking behind me shooting my butt...



Kara had a harder time with the water guns than Seth did - her little hands aren't quite big enough to wrap all the way around the handle and squeeze the trigger, so she mostly ended up shooting straight up into the air or dripping water on herself, but she had fun anyway, so I guess that's all that matters!

I felt bad bringing them inside since they're calling for rain for the next few days, especially since it was so pretty out. The clouds from earlier had vanished and it looked like the forecast for rain was wrong. But, we had to have lunch, so we came in and ate, and I played with Daniel for a bit since he'd been left out of the outdoor play.

After lunch, Seth asked to get out his new scissors, so I found a few preschool practice shapes to print out for him and let him have at it! These scissors are pretty neat - they're actually connected at the top, so they're almost like the kids chopsticks that are tied at the top with a rubber band! They're really easy to use since all you have to do is squeeze them together and they pop themselves back open - so you don't have to worry about the hand strength to close/open/close/open.



Poor kiddo - since (thank goodness) it's not a constant trait, I forget sometimes how he can sometimes be a perfectionist. He got so disheartened that he couldn't cut the shapes out *exactly* on the lines. I was really proud of how well he did though, and tried to talk him up really big. I even sent a few cutout shapes to grandparents in the mail to show off his cutting skills!



After a little bit of play for Kara and cutting for Seth, it was naptime. Again I felt bad for "wasting" the pretty day, but by then it was just beginning to get a little cloudy. They hadn't been down for nap for half an hour when I hear the thunder and realized it was finally moving in! Sure enough, the rain is off and on and it's nice and wet outside with occasional thunder. Good thing we got out earlier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home